Making consistent production is our standard spirits as a craftsman.
Young urushi trees are raised from root cuttings like a pencil.
They are replanting in field and taken care of for over 10 years.
Collecting urushi sap, and refining for lacquer.
And also we shape the well dried wood and coating urushi.
Make carefully what I want to use is another important thing for our mentally health.
At the first we choose logs and saw up them to required dimensions or grain. We shape well dried wood for products. We started to collecting urushi sap witnessed the lack of successors over 10 years ago. But now urushi trees grow in my fields, we want to cycle with our own urushi trees.
- Born in Sapporo, Hokkaido
- M.F.A, Tokyo University of the Arts
- Completed research student of woodwork,
Junior College of Takaoka
- Ware Wood Work Co.Ltd,
- Daigourushi Yamizonuri Kijian
- Produce treasures of Ise Shrine
- Certified as Master of the Forest
- The Commendation of the Commissioner of the Agency Cultural Affairs
Member of Japan Kogei Association
Director of Ibaraki Kogei Association
Member of Art Exhibition of Ibaraki
Director of Japan Cultural Property Urushi Association
Director of Preservation party of Daigo Urushi